Saturday, May 22, 2010

One Month Down

Ben Evans (Schwartz trainer) ran through the Group One requirements on Thursday and said I should start thinking about what I need to do to move into Group 1.

It kind of scares me a bit because I'm nice and comfortable in Group 2 , but thats not why we do Crossfit . So here is where I am at...

Things I can do (and have been checked by a trainer)

1 x Muscleup
10 x HSPU
20 x Pullups
10 x Ring Dips
10 x Wall ball
5 x OHS @40kg * Did this for Ben on Thursday

Things I 'think' I can do but a trainer needs to see

10 x Bodyweight Deadlift
*This will be a struggle with the good form that Schwartz expect

10 x 40kg Push Jerk
* Very confident I can do this

Things that I probably cant do at the moment

2km Row under 8 mins
* Not sure, I have never rowed 2kms, in fact I rowed 1200m for the first time ever on Thursday and I was pretty slow. Hopefully my rowing continues to improve.

5 x 60kg Squat cleans
* This will be the hardest thing for me to achieve. I have weak legs/hips and heavy weights crush me. Having said that my legs have only been getting stronger since starting at Schwartz. I am attempting 6 rep max front squats tomorrow which might give me an indication of how far I have to go.

5 x Snatches @40kg
* I havent done much snatching, so not sure if I will find this hard or not. I can do 5 x OHS at that weight, so thats a start.




No comments:

Post a Comment