Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Garage session and some resolutions

Main resolution is consistency. Absolutely necessary for my handstands and for my flexibility.

I also really want to achieve a straddle planche this year which is probably the pinnacle of my goals. I actually wont be fussed if i don't on the proviso that i have put in the work. my feeling is if i give it a decent crack i can do it.

I want to aim at doing stretching and handstand practice every day with some basic strength and endurance. mornings are the obvious answer , with having a two yr old that gets up around 6.30 i think the alarm needs to go off at 5.30. 1km row, stretching for around 1/2 an hour-40 mins then mix up some strength - pullups/pushups/dips/HSPU etc

To have any chance of that working drinking most nights out of habit needs to stop. Not absolutely no drinking but drinking mid week only if there is a decent reason.

also need to be a bit more thoughtful in my training. Concentration on tightness and control. I've become lazy in some aspects , especially handstands

Here is where my planche is up to to log my progress - a long way to go




1st workout with my 'new' attitude

1km row
stretching
4 handtsand attempts
.24
0
.44
.47

6 rounds
5 top half press (head on floor) straddle/pike alternating
5 t2b

3 rds
3 x HSPU on small pbars

3 rds
10 hollow pushups
30 sec hanging





Don't know why it inserted this video but i can't work out how to delete. Its funny though, thats my handstand before training with a gymnast


















No comments:

Post a Comment